To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the proper use of information, we have established and implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
A privacy officer has been appointed to ensure the church's compliance with applicable privacy legislation; to ensure that the church protects all personal information held or transferred to third party for processing; to develop, implement and maintain on-going personal information policies and practices; and to train staff and volunteers for compliance.
SUDBURY UNITED PENTECOSTAL CHURCH is committed to ensuring the security of your personal information. SUDBURY UNITED PENTECOSTAL CHURCH uses Internet Encryption Software, Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Protocol, when collecting or transferring sensitive data such as credit card information. When making donations, once we receive your credit card information, it is accessible only to a small number of trusted SUDBURY UNITED PENTECOSTAL CHURCH employees who have been specially trained in processing this information. All online orders are processed through 128 bit SSL encryption to protect your credit card information during your online transaction.
For donations, we accept PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover or whatever means our third party applications will process.
Use of personal information
The SUDBURY UNITED PENTECOSTAL CHURCH collects personal information from you for the following reasons:
• To contact you about the activities and events of the church
• To allow affiliated organizations to contact you about their activities
• To allow other members and adherents of the church to contact you
SUDBURY UNITED PENTECOSTAL CHURCH will not send you e-mail that you
have not agreed to receive. If you choose to supply your postal address in an online form,
you may receive mailings from us as well. We will obtain your consent before using your
personal information for any new purpose.
SUDBURY UNITED PENTECOSTAL CHURCH never sells, rents, leases or exchanges
your personal information with other organizations. SUDBURY UNITED
PENTECOSTAL CHURCH assures you that the identity of all who contact us through
our web site will be kept confidential. SUDBURY UNITED PENTECOSTAL CHURCH
may occasionally send mailings on behalf of other organizations or ministries when their
interests align with SUDBURY UNITED PENTECOSTAL CHURCH.
From time to time, we may use a "cookie"; a small piece of data that is sent to your browser to recognize you when you return to our sites, or to identify which areas of our network of Web sites you have visited (i.e. e-commerce sites, etc.). A cookie can't read data off your hard drive, does not damage your system and cannot read cookie files created by other sites. We may use this information to better personalize the content you see on our sites. You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings of your browser. Your browser can refuse all cookies, or show you when a cookie is being sent. If you choose not to accept these cookies, your experience at our site and other Web sites may be diminished and some features may not work as intended.
CONSENT TO COLLECT AND USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. Limiting collection, use, disclosure, and retention: We will not collect your personal information indiscriminately; and we will not deceive or mislead you about the reasons for collecting your personal information. We keep your personal information as long as necessary to satisfy the purposes described above.
2. Unless you request it, we will not destroy or make anonymous your personal information in order to continue to contact you for future events.
3. Accuracy and Safeguards: We will endeavor to minimize the possibility of using incorrect information. We will protect your personal information against loss or theft; safeguard the information from unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification; and protect personal information regardless of the format in which it is held.
4. Openness and Individual access: You may refer to this policy at any time on our website at www.sudburyupc.org which also includes a list of the affiliated organizations with which we have information-sharing arrangements. You may arrange to confirm and correct your personal information in our records in writing.